When you buy from a family owned business, you are not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home. You are
helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a mom or dad put food on the table, a family pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college. Our customers are our shareholders and they are the ones we strive to make happy.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESSES!
Support the businesses that appreciate you. Personalized service and relationships you can only get from local businesses.
If you want the locally owned stores you love to stay around…then shop there! Tell your friends about them too. “Mom and Pop” shops depend on the people in their communities to support them. We can all help by giving them our business. Local businesses value, respect and appreciate your patronage. Plus you can find affordable prices in our community.
Create more Jobs – Invest in your community.
Local businesses return 80% of each dollar back to the community!
If you spend $100 at Judy’s Flower Shop, your local impact is around $277! Increase your local spending and your dollars are more than doubled. Therefore $200 spent can have an impact close to $500!
- Shopping local creates jobs. Shops in our town create local employment and self-employment. These people in turn spend in the local economy.
- Local independent shops invest more in our communities. Local businesses are proportionally more generous in their support of local charities, schools, and community events. So supporting local shops means a financial contribution to your community.
- Local businesses sell great products at affordable prices. Some people get out of the habit of shopping locally and are then surprised by the range of products available.
- Shopping locally saves you time and money. You travel less, saving on time and fuel.
- Shopping locally retains our communities. People don’t like losing businesses and services in small towns but don’t equate this with how they spend their money.
- Shopping locally retains our distinctiveness. Independent businesses create distinctive shopping experiences and stock different products. Local businesses respond more quickly to the needs of local customers, stocking products to meet changing population needs.
- Shopping locally saves the environment. Local businesses often stock a high percentage of locally sourced goods that do not require long-distance transportation, helping to reduce our global footprint.
- Local businesses are for everyone. Most people can get to their local shops easily. This is especially important for the elderly, young people and others who rely on public transportation.
- Local businesses value you more. Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. These businesses survive by their reputation and repeat business, which means you get a higher standard of service.
- Shopping local saves services. Private and public sector services cluster around businesses. As businesses disappear so do hairdressers, banks, restaurants and other businesses.
Together we can strengthen relationships that improve our quality of life. So next time when you make a purchase, Shop Local!